Heritage consultant with over 20 years of experience
Chantal Danieli is a Sydney-based Heritage Conservation Consultant with specialist skills in the fields of heritage evaluation, adaptive re-use and conservation.
Chantal has been involved in a range of successful works as well as winning Australian National Trust Awards with over 20 years experience in the heritage consulting field.
Honours graduate from the Bachelor of Interior Architecture program at the University of New South Wales and holds a Masters of Heritage Conservation from the University of Sydney
Get a personalised consulting service
Chantal offers a personalised, 1-on-1, service that gives your project the specialist attention it deserves. Rather than getting lost in a large firm, Chantal works closely with you for each step of the project. It is like having a personal concierge for your heritage project.
University of Sydney – Masters of Heritage Conservation – Heritage Conservation – Deans Honour List
University of New South Wales – Bachelor of Interior Architecture (BArch) – High Distinctions
Extensive industry experience
Chantal has held positions with businesses such as Godden Mackay Logan Pty Ltd, Paul Davies Pty Ltd and Conybeare Morrison International working on all aspects of heritage project assessment, documentation and reporting.
This has included preparation of expression of interest and fee submissions including sub-consultants’ input, Community Consultation as well as ongoing Client and Sub-consultant liaison for all projects.
Chantal has also been involved in consultation work with Government authorities such as the NSW Heritage Office, Australian Heritage Commission, DECC (NPWS), Department of Planning, Property NSW and numerous local councils
Unique heritage consulting attributes
- Heritage specialist with proven experience in the preparation and delivery of high profile projects including numerous Conservation Management Plans, Master Plans, heritage studies and adaptive re-use.
- Expert heritage manager with a proven capability of coordinating complex projects.
- Expertise in heritage planning, structural and fabric assessments with experience in designing for historically significant and sensitive environments.
- Appropriate cultural (historic and Aboriginal) and natural heritage management conservation skills;
- Extensive experience in report preparation demonstrating high quality graphic presentation skills, of both manual and computer generated graphics.
- Our heritage impact statements and conservation management plans are highly regarded in the industry as being well constructed based upon sound analysis, with sensible policies and implementation strategies.
- Experience in working on a variety of heritage projects, from small-scale building assessments to the large-scale heritage assessments of entire suburbs or regions.
- Experience in the development of conservation strategies for heritage places with consideration of compatible adaptive reuse options for buildings;
- Appreciation of, and ability to communicate, environmental planning and legislative issues associated with conservation and development within numerous Local Government Areas throughout Sydney;
- Extensive experience in coordinating projects requiring multi-disciplinary skills.
- Ability to competently complete work according to objectives whilst being on time and to budget.
- Experience in working with government clients we have a clear understanding of governmental processes, reporting to Council, negotiating with public sectors, the community and commercial entrepreneurs.
Heritage consulting project highlights
AWARD WINNING PROJECTS
Principal authors and project coordinator for ‘Tar ra’ Interpretation Strategy for the Eastern Dawes Point Peninsula, which won an award at the 2005 Energy Australia National Trust Awards (Interpretation and Presentation).
Chantal was also part of the heritage team that was awarded a National Trust Heritage Award (Conservation Landscape Award) for the Visual Curtilage Study for Rouse Hill Estate in 2004.
Heritage assessment reviews and conservation management strategy for
Bella Vista Reserve; Pulpit Hill, including Explorers Tree; and Macquarie Street, Civic Place, Parramatta
Interpretation Strategies for
Dawes Point, The Rocks; Babworth House, Darling Point and the Woolstores, Pyrmont.
Archival Recordings for
Babworth House, Darling Point; Kilmory, Point Piper; Woolstores, Pyrmont; Burns Philp Building, Bridge Street Sydney.
Heritage study for
Curtilage Analysis for Rouse Hill Estate.
Heritage Projects including
South Creek Heritage Study, Former Male Orphan School Site, Bonnyrigg Subdivision, Penrith Heritage Study, Millers Point and Walsh Bay Heritage Study, DoP Section 170 Register Review.
Conservation Management Plans for
Former Hydraulic Pumping Station No 1-17 Little Pier Street Darling Harbour, Hurley Park Reservoir and Cattle Tanks, Campbelltown and for Prospect Hill, Holroyd. While assisting for Balmain Town Hall, Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney, Centennial Parklands and the Woolstores, Pyrmont.
Maintenance schedule for
Kilmory, Point Piper and a Community Title Strata Plan for Babworth House, Darling Point as well as preparing S60 and S96 Applications for both properties.
Heritage Impact Statements for
- 367 Bourke Street, Darlinghurst-City of Sydney Council
- 55 Brandling Street, Alexandria-City of Sydney Council
- 247 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst-City of Sydney Council
- 39 Bellevue Street, Surrey Hills-City of Sydney Council
- 8 Scott Street, Croydon-Inner West Council
- 2 Isabella Road, Balmain- Inner West Council
- 44A Rosser Street, Rozelle-Inner West Council
- 100 Smith Street, Summer Hill-Inner West Council
- 81 Homebush Road, Strathfield-Strathfield City Council
- 22 Llandilo Avenue Strathfield-Strathfield City Council
- 95 Old Pitt Town Road,Pitt Town- Hawkesbury City Council
- 12 Small Street, Woollahra- Woollahra Municipal Council
- 35 Wentworth Road, Vaucluse-Woollahra Municipal Council
- 23 Heeley Street, Paddington-Woollahra Municipal Council
- 250 Bondi Road, Bondi-Waverley Council
- 26 Ashton Street, Queens Park-Waverley Council
- 99 Holt Avenue, Mosman-Mosman Council
- 21 Station Street, Pymble-Ku-ring-gai Council
- 6 Belgium Avenue, Roseville-Ku-ring-gai Council
- 58 Milroy Avenue, Kensington-Randwick City Council
- 3 Austin Crescent, Lane Cove-Lane Cove Council
- 1 Hampden Street, Hurlstone Park-Canterbury Bankstown Council
- 168 Argyle Street, Picton-Wollondilly Shire Council
- 440 Penshurst Street, Roseville-Willoughby Council
- Bella Vista Reserve, Client: Hills Shire Council
- 169 Macquaries Street Parramatta- Parramatta City Council
- Former Bonnyrigg Male Orphan School Site-Department of Planning